I definitely have a soft spot for vanilla cupcakes. These gluten free and dairy free cupcakes that I have made are not as fluffy as your typical cupcake but then again, they aren’t made from garbage! These are wholesome, more filling, and have a light hint of sweetness to them. Top them off with some awesome home made chocolate icing (plant based ya’ll) and you have yourself a guilt-free treat.
-1/2 cup almond flour
-1/2 cup brown rice flour
-1/4 tsp. baking soda
-1/4 tsp. baking powder
-1 tsp. coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
-3 tbsp. agave nectar
-1/3 cup melted coconut oil
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Place and mix the dry ingredients into a bowl: flour, baking soda, baking powder and coconut sugar.
3) Place and whisk the wet ingredients into a bowl: egg, agave, coconut oil and vanilla.
4) Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix all together.
5) Place the batter into muffin tins. I recommend using cupcake liners. Bake for 16 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
6) Remove the muffins and allow them to cool before icing and decorating. I topped mine off with chocolate icing (see recipe below) and shredded coconut flakes.
This recipe makes six large muffins.