The name says it all. These are quite literally just amazing balls of goodness. Vegan and gluten free ingredients make them a perfect high-energy snack. And did I mention they are raw, i.e. super clean and easy to make? These little guys are perfect for taking on the go, or for when you are craving something sweet.
– 20 small soaked dates (for at least an hour)
-1/2 cup walnuts
-1/4 cup almond flour
-1/4 cup carob chips (or dark chocolate chips)
-1/4 cup dried goji berries
-Cinnamon (to sprinkle)
1. Remove the pit from the soaked dates – these should blend nicely now.
2. Place the dates, walnuts and almond flour in a food processor and blend until most bits are broken down.
3. Place the mixture in a bowl and mush in the carob chips and goji berries.
4. Form the mixture into little balls. Sprinkle them with cinnamon.
5. If you want to impress your friends (and who doesn’t), make adorable little shapes out of the mixture. I like to make cat heads. Meow.
6. Place in fridge for 20 minutes to harden before eating. Store in the fridge.
For the dates, I use honey dates (pre-pitted). It costs about 5 bucks for a massive tub – way cheaper than Medjool dates, which are twice the price. Just make sure you soak your dates beforehand so they blend nicely.
Don’t have some of the ingredients? Substitute the goji berries with dried cranberries, and the carob chips with any chocolate you desire.
This recipe makes about 14 little delicious balls.