Okay, we have a winner. I know it’s been a while since I posted a recipe, but I promise you that you will fall in love with these pretty little cookies. These cookies are gluten-free and dairy-free. If you would like them to be vegan you can substitute the honey for some agave nectar. The sugar that I used is coconut sugar, and I used very little at that. These cookies are packed with lavender flavour, and offer a crispy yet soft texture with a delicious buttery taste. These are also extremely easy and quick to make and bake! These are a must try. I really hope you enjoy them!
-1 cup almond flour
-1/2 cup all purpose gluten free baking flour
-1 tbsp arrowroot starch
-1 tsp baking powder
-2 tbsp dried lavender flowers, finely chopped
-¼ cup coconut sugar
-1/2 tsp sea salt
-2 tbsp honey
-1/2 cup melted vegan butter
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine the dry ingredients into a bowl: flours, coconut sugar, baking soda and sea salt. When everything is blended, mix in the finely chopped dried lavender.
3) Mix in the melted vegan butter and honey and combine all together until a nice dough forms.
4) Using your hands, form little balls with the dough and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Gently press down each ball with the back of a spoon to flatten them.
5) Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
This recipe makes 15 adorable little lavender cookies.